Friday 6 July 2007

Air, Sea and Land

Dear Miss Tombola,

Just writing to thank you for the lovely afternoon of transportation related adventure, and for the very kind charitable donation that set us on this path in the first place.


I successfully retrieved the hot air balloon from the foot of Terry’s beanstalk in Tanglewood last night and am happy to report that apart from the odd branch trapped in the rigging it survived our rather bumpy descent down through the tree canopy.



I’ve also managed to straighten out the slight bend that appeared in my steam board after the unfortunate encounter with the sea bed in Lionsgate, and the hangar walls in Steam City.

Thankfully, I caught Admiral Wind at her shipyard this morning and with her assistance was able to lift the Caledonian Queen from the rocky coastline of the Moors, although I think the keel may need a bit of patching before she’s going to be seaworthy again.



Oh, and your stable boy should be on his way over to drop off your improvised monowheel. I gave him a bit of change to pick up our cycles from where we left them at the Victoria City train station, and he seems a trustworthy enough lad, if a little grubby.



Hope we get a chance to do it again sometime - although not too soon, as I think my legs need a bit of time to recover from chasing the train all the way through Carntaigh.

Yours,

Alfonso Avalanche

7 comments:

Virrginia Tombola said...

Thank you sir, it was a lovely afternoon! I am glad to see that everything has been cleaned up after our escapades. I ought to have picked up those monocycles at least, but--caught up in the thrill of the moment. Particularly pleased to hear that the Caledonian Queen will sail again, and thank you again for your consideration in allowing me the one seat aboard her. It may have been a packing crate, but my legs were rather sore from all that surfing.

And I adore the moving cog corsage :)

yrs, etc
Miss Virrginia Tombola

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

As an avid reader of this aetheric journal, I find I am somewhat in the dark as to the cause of the Caledonian Queen's unfortunate prang. Could I ask that you illuminate this poor reader, for I am all aquiver with excitment as to its tale?

Current Population: 2 said...

Dear Mr Antfarm,

I am afraid to say the Caledonian Queen suffered from a simple act of bad piloting and sharp rocks. The passage along the South Coast of the Caledon Moors is rather difficult to navigate and proved a little too tricky for this sailor.

If you want to see the full story of what went on that day (rather than just the aftermath), I can point you in the direction of Miss Tombola's wonderful blog: http://labicyclette.blogspot.com/2007/07/one-if-by-land-two-if-by-sea-three-if.html

Yours,

Alfonso Avalanche

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Dear Professor,

Thank you so much for the directions to Miss Tomola's locale. I'm now fully appraised with the mishap that saw the Caledonian Queen languishing at the bottom of the Briney and can only say that if people will introduce new rocks and hazards to a waterway without informing the authorities, then a chap can hardly be blamed for the odd prang now, can he?

Yours in Travel,
HeadBurro Antfarm.

Lapin Paris said...

ooooo-
Miss the professor and the pixie to bits, and you've only been gone one day...

Anonymous said...

Great entry. Anticipating the next.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

I finished my '{YeOlEye-Beam}', a true story about sex in Heaven after we croak - you’d like it: fulla AEisms, sardonic satire, and savoryness. C'mon, people. The Liar's a deceiver. Ain't no sekks in Hell, yet, puuuh-lenty of sexxx Upstairs for eternity. God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL